Sunday, May 16, 2010

I don't really know why i am writing this. I do not have anything to write but i just logged in to write. Sitting alongside my guitar with a broken string, i tried hard to make it sound good even with a missing string but it just did not happen. Tuned to Firehouse, i have ordered my dinner and its lying on the table but i don't feel like eating it. Is it because tomorrow is a Monday or is it because today i was with myself for the whole day. My maid isn't coming since the last week, and my room was messed up. Taking this day off was meant to clear the mess. I did a bit of that.


I opened up my old bag to find the old file where i have kept all my certificates from school to college.I showed my roomie the old file in which i have kept all my old stamps, i found my old collection of coins and i savored the way i used to collect and keep them while i was as kid. I saw some old pictures which i hadn't seen since quite a long time. I received my promotion letter from office on Friday and added it to the file as a written testimony alongside the appreciation & awards i got in college. Getting promoted was a good thing to happen, but the question in my mind remains the same. I have been working here since the last two years, and i have been working hard. I have been trying a lot to make this work my passion. But it is not happening. Even after two long and eventful years that have gone by, inspite of the fact that i have been good at my job i am still trying to figure out what to do next with my life. Or is this because staying in Mumbai for the last two years has made me into a different person altogether. Or is it because i am realizing that i am finally out of the carefree and nothing can ever go wrong attitude and i see myself out in the open now?

2 comments:

tall penguin said...

Just catching up on your blog. Sounds like you're in a place of transition. Moving from your carefree young adult days into a deeper wondering of what's next. It will find you. Keep open to what is. You'll know what the next step is, and when. Enjoy the ride.

Jonathan Mendelsohn said...

These are profound questions all. I can relate. I think we all can. I wonder how you feel now (since this post was some time ago).

Six years ago I had a very strong sense I was moving in the wrong direction. Then, just last week, something finally happened to push me over the edge, to make me realize I have indeed been going in the wrong direction.

Six years it took me to realize; it's time for a change.

Takes balls.

Is Scary.

But if you dare.

Do it!